Divorce can be an emotional time, but it is also fraught with complicated transactions as legal and property rights are negotiated or dissolved. You want to make sure that you have an experienced divorce attorney behind you during such an emotionally and financially taxing period. The Farley Law Firm, LLC has the experience to provide outstanding representation throughout divorce proceedings to make sure you achieve the best outcome as possible.
What should you look for?
There are certain features of a well-qualified divorce attorney that you should look for if you are thinking about getting a divorce. Here are the five most important:
- Qualifications—You must make sure that your lawyer is certified to practice law in your state. This can be as simple as checking with the state Bar Association and looking over their status as attorneys. You should also evaluate other things such as your lawyer’s memberships in elite organization, their practice history, testimonials of former clients, and word of mouth.
- Positive track record—It’s a good idea to investigate your lawyer’s background, for instance if they have been cited for professional misconduct or barred from practicing in another state.
- Overall experience—Look into your lawyer’s history to see if they are familiar with the family law judges in their jurisdiction and whether they have plenty of experience in negotiating outside the courtroom.
- Ethics—You need an attorney who will protect your sensitive information and not disclose anything to other clients of theirs. A good attorney will also not fill you with false promises such as guaranteeing the outcome of your case.
- Communication—After meeting with your attorney you need to determine if they are a good fit for you and that they recognize and appreciate your concerns.
The Lexington Divorce Professional
The Farley Law Firm, LLC can offer experienced legal advice if you are contemplating filing for divorce. Call them today or you can fill out an online case evaluation.